While many people choose to remodel their kitchens simply for aesthetic reasons, there are plenty of other reasons an upgrade might be necessary.
Here are a few of the most common functional reasons people remodel their kitchens:
- Lack of space. A lot of people like to add more counter, cabinet or floor space to their kitchens, because they don’t have enough in their current setup. It could be something as simple as changing the shape of a counter or the position of a refrigerator, but adding extra space can make a huge difference in the functionality of your kitchen.
- Traffic flow. Do you often have guests over, or have more than one cook in the kitchen at a time? If so, adding more space around the main work area and turning your kitchen into an open plan design could be a great way to give you some added convenience and a better traffic flow.
- Children. Depending on the ages of your children, upgrading your kitchen could be a good idea to improve safety in your home. For example, outdated appliances or poor kitchen designs can pose major dangers to your children. Additionally, if you have multiple children, you might simply need extra space to accommodate larger meals, or easy access for all of your children to get their food.
- Efficiency. Outdated appliances could be costing you more money than you realize because they do not operate efficiently. The way dishwashers, garbage disposals, refrigerators and other appliances have advanced over the years, you could save a significant amount of water and electricity by making an upgrade.
- Disabilities. If anyone in your home has a disability, you need to make sure your kitchen is accessible for them. You should also consider your own aging process, and how safe your kitchen will be for your use as you get older. Many people are choosing to age in their homes so planning a remodel with this in mind.
- Location. Are you unsatisfied with where your kitchen is located in your house? Or perhaps you’re looking at adding an addition, and the current location of the kitchen would no longer make sense. In either case, remodeling can help you to put the kitchen in the area of your choice. Three Week Kitchens does not provide these types of services.
Can you think of any other practical, functional reasons why you’d remodel your kitchen?
Contact us today at Three Week Kitchens for more information about our services!